PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and Bug-Girl?

Albert
02-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I loved the Charlie and Bug-Girl scene. Poor Charlie gets teased relentlessly about the "bugs" inside of him.

YouTube - Scarlie and The Bug Lady - Fringe Epiosde 3.13 Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2Orxz5GKI)

I have been thinking that the Charlie and Bug-Girl scene might be telling us something about Walternate an Alt-livia too. It seems that Walternate has suddenly become very fond of Alt-livia, not because of who she is, but because his grandchild is inside of her, just like the Bug-Girl is fond of Charlie because he has bugs inside of him. :eek:

YouTube - Mr Secretary There Has Been A Development - Fringe Episode 3.13 Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkghRmD5dWE)

PottedPlant
02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Love the comic relief scenes in Alt universe. I bet You are right about the "Loves you for what you are inside" line to Charlie being a foreshadowing of the baby and Walternet. Hope we get to see Charlie and bug girl again.

jimmyolsenblues
02-17-2011, 08:13 AM
I hate bugs ...but I love love love that bug girl...I hope we see her again.

Albert
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I hate bugs ...but I love love love that bug girl...I hope we see her again.
I'll vote for that. She and Charlie make a cute couple. Alt-liv seems to think so too. :D

TheOtherMe
02-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I love Mona Foster too! Really want to see her again!:happy15:

She made me think of Nausicca Vally of the Wind, a manga and film -pre Studio Ghibli, which is based on a Chinese myth about 'a bug princess'.

But what what I would have loved much more is if somebody would have started chanting, "Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice"!!!:haha:

But more seriously--I think there will be this beauty and beast theme--in that there is something about love and acceptance-dealing with loss, being a big part of the mythology in terms of fulfilling a destiny and finding an inner peace.

tricked
02-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I loved the Charlie and Bug-Girl scene. Poor Charlie gets teased relentlessly about the "bugs" inside of him.

YouTube - Scarlie and The Bug Lady - Fringe Epiosde 3.13 Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2Orxz5GKI)

I have been thinking that the Charlie and Bug-Girl scene might be telling us something about Walternate an Alt-livia too. It seems that Walternate has suddenly become very fond of Alt-livia, not because of who she is, but because his grandchild is inside of her, just like the Bug-Girl is fond of Charlie because he has bugs inside of him. :eek:

YouTube - Mr Secretary There Has Been A Development - Fringe Episode 3.13 Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkghRmD5dWE) Nice symbollic connections! :)

Love the comic relief scenes in Alt universe. I bet You are right about the "Loves you for what you are inside" line to Charlie being a foreshadowing of the baby and Walternet. Hope we get to see Charlie and bug girl again. The comic relief scenes are bit too forced in my opinion. It's part of the "contrived" feeling.

"Oh, well look at these folks! Har har! They're just a bunch of fun loving people who don't take themselves too seriously afterall! That must mean I should start feeling for them since now I can relate so easily to them! Well, they're human just like me, har har!"

Not to sound like an intellectual ellitist, but compared to the rest of the Fringe characters and how we've come to know their characters ... it's an unsophisticated and hokey way to build "repoir" imho.

I love Mona Foster too! Really want to see her again!:happy15:

She made me think of Nausicca Vally of the Wind, a manga and film -pre Studio Ghibli, which is based on a Chinese myth about 'a bug princess'.

But what what I would have loved much more is if somebody would have started chanting, "Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice"!!!:haha:

But more seriously--I think there will be this beauty and beast theme--in that there is something about love and acceptance-dealing with loss, being a big part of the mythology in terms of fulfilling a destiny and finding an inner peace. Interesting idea ... the beauty and beast theme. Hmm .... that's pretty deep right there :happy15:.

And yes, I want to see Mona Foster again. And again. And again.

I'm a sucker for pasty skin, red hair, full lips, dark clothes/nailpolish ... and geeky cool intelligence :).

Mona Foster is HOOOOOAAAAWWWWWTTTTT. She is easily one of the sexiest women Fringe has had on the show.

And while I'm squeeing on this note .... what about shipping her and the Observer? lol. I know it's ridiculous and it would never happen ... but combine his swagger, period clothes, and dead-pan pastiness ... with her nerdy slightly emo McSexiness ... man. lol

Chimaera
02-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Am I the only one how thinks this bug girl is a lame copy of NCIS' Abby Sciuto?

tricked
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Am I the only one how thinks this bug girl is a lame copy of NCIS' Abby Sciuto? She is a superior copy lol.

Actually, I think she is a pretty generic representation. She is a "token" geeky-cool chick, blah blah blah.

TheOtherMe
02-18-2011, 02:26 PM
She is a superior copy lol.

Actually, I think she is a pretty generic representation. She is a "token" geeky-cool chick, blah blah blah.

Yeah. I agree. I am sure if I think long enough she will remind me of other -sci-fi-punk-goth-unusual-usual stereo types. (But I still like her):haha:

tricked
02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah. I agree. I am sure if I think long enough she will remind me of other -sci-fi-punk-goth-unusual-usual stereo types. (But I still like her):haha: Yes you said it well :)

And yes .... there is no doubt that I like her as well. I ship her and anyone on the show.

*gets googly eyed* lol :)

jay_eilthabhae
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Well, when I first looked at her, she reminded me of a cartoon character, u guys remember this cartoon of Ghostbusters? They had this receptionist or something, who had the hots for the scientist guy??? She reminded me of her.....(its been really long so dn remember the character names)

vesh1717
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Regardless of if she is copy of this or that, I think we can all agree that she is pretty damn hot.

jay_eilthabhae
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Regardless of if she is copy of this or that, I think we can all agree that she is pretty damn hot.

I dunno if I wud use "HOT" for her, but yeah she looks to be quite interesting and attractive and I would definitely like to see more of her, especially embarrassing charlie,lol :P

vesh1717
02-18-2011, 04:11 PM
lol.. ok I think she is sexy.

tricked
02-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Well, when I first looked at her, she reminded me of a cartoon character, u guys remember this cartoon of Ghostbusters? They had this receptionist or something, who had the hots for the scientist guy??? She reminded me of her.....(its been really long so dn remember the character names) Annie Potts .... and in the movie she had the hots for Egon :) ... although she eventually ended hooking up with the character played by Rick Moranis :)

I didn't even have to Google ;) lol

I dunno if I wud use "HOT" for her, but yeah she looks to be quite interesting and attractive and I would definitely like to see more of her, especially embarrassing charlie,lol :P Ohhhhhhh .... there are two types of women with a certain physical look, that I will turn my head to look at. She is one of them :) lol

TheOtherMe
02-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Well, when I first looked at her, she reminded me of a cartoon character, u guys remember this cartoon of Ghostbusters? They had this receptionist or something, who had the hots for the scientist guy??? She reminded me of her.....(its been really long so dn remember the character names)

Yeah Egons girlfriend, Janine!!

It's sort of interesting that you compared her to Ghostbusters and I to Beetlejuice, because "6B" was in a twisted way, about 'ghosts'...(or rather things that haunt us)

Plus really Walter's car looks a little like the Ecto 1!! (old station wagon) Nice catch with that reference!:happy15:

Agent Skie
02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Im so torn about Alt Charlie, I mean i cried when our charlie died and then was happy he was still alive in another universe but hes not the same Charlie ><!!! and i do like that bug girl XD (shes me :D, i can dream >.<)