Thread: William Bell

Observing The Pattern Fringie

Default William Bell

Maybe they've mentioned him and I've forgotten, but theoretically he should still be alive right? I mean, he didn't die helping Peter, Olivia and Walter get back. Also, do you think that the soul magnets are still in Olivia so if he does die in the future...?

On the FRINGEs of Hoosier Society in the Wabash Valley

I don't know.

I have two ideas about it. First, William Bell did exist from the Bluverse (dead in the Redverse just like S1-3). But Bell died attempting to help Olivia flee from the Redverse after she had been kidnapped by Bolivia. This would help explain why altBroyles is still alive.

Second, William Bell did not exist from the Bluverse, he died early on in life like the Wm Bell from the Redverse of seasons 1-3 did. But Wm Bell from the Redverse lived and collaborated with Walternate.

I like the first one the best. The second I came up as a contingent idea to explain the possibility in the history of S4 that the cortexiphan trials actually occurred in the Redverse. But we can get around Peter and Olivia meeting in the tulip field another way and that leads up to her killing her step-father.

I Love You Too, John Residents Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lij View Post
    I don't know.

I have two ideas about it. First, William Bell did exist from the Bluverse (dead in the Redverse just like S1-3). But Bell died attempting to help Olivia flee from the Redverse after she had been kidnapped by Bolivia. This would help explain why altBroyles is still alive.
    I like this idea.

Second, William Bell did not exist from the Bluverse, he died early on in life like the Wm Bell from the Redverse of seasons 1-3 did. But Wm Bell from the Redverse lived and collaborated with Walternate.

I like the first one the best. The second I came up as a contingent idea to explain the possibility in the history of S4 that the cortexiphan trials actually occurred in the Redverse. But we can get around Peter and Olivia meeting in the tulip field another way and that leads up to her killing her step-father.
    Another thing....does Walter own Massive Dynamic post TDWD ? It's possible in this new timeline, Bell will the company to Nina instead (as his
    business partner and former lover, she'd be the only other person I can see Bell leaving the company to).

On the FRINGEs of Hoosier Society in the Wabash Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Residents Fan View Post
    Another thing....does Walter own Massive Dynamic post TDWD ? It's possible in this new timeline, Bell will the company to Nina instead (as his business partner and former lover, she'd be the only other person I can see Bell leaving the company to).
    I think that will ring true, and we may find out tonight (I also want to know if Nina has her flesh-and-blood arm). I would assume that it is also a consequence of Peter not being alive in this reality. Without Peter, Walter just did not have that necessary ability to exist outside of his comfort zone (whether that be the lab or St Claire's). And Bell would necessarily have been given updates on his old friend via Nina.

I Love You Too, John Residents Fan's Avatar

Much as I like Nimoy as an actor, I'd rather not see William Bell return to "Fringe" anymore-I think the writers
    have basically exhausted everything they can do with the character. Although my inner fanboy might like
    to see a flashback story featuring Zachery Quinto as a very young Bell ...

I've said that about ZQ a few times. That would be an awesome episode, set in the 60s or 70s. :thumbsup: