Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What 5 Fringe things MUST be explained to you before show ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Moviemath View Post
    5. How did Red Lincoln [S3] know Nick Lane? What's up with that?
    Ahhhh!!!! Moviemath! Good question! I forgot all about that and how much it bugged me! I'll bet if that moment hadn't been in the two episode finale as opposed to midway through the season people would have obsessed over it a lot longer.

My guess would be that Alt Lincoln was recognizing the Nick Lane from "over there" whom he may have had history with, but who knows, it seems like awful suggestive foreshadowing to me to just abandon it the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Moviemath View Post
    Yeah, I found Walter's birth date intriguing given his father had died two years earlier. I was kinda hoping the ageless Nazi thing was going to tie in to a possible Bischoff retro episode.

This only just occurred to me but how much of a massive mind bender would it be if it turned out that the prosthetically augmented so called "big bad" slated to be played by Michael Massee in "A Short Story About Love" turned out to be a 100+ year old Robert Bischoff?" Although, I think Bischoff's history was recounted in a manner that portrayed him as a just scientist, so that seems unlikely, but it would be an interesting turn of events. I really wanna know who that guy is!
    Last edited by PB; 02-23-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie Novation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    This only just occurred to me but how much of a massive mind bender would it be if it turned out that the prosthetically augmented so called "big bad" slated to be played by Michael Massee in "A Short Story About Love" turned out to be a 100+ year old Robert Bischoff?" Although, I think Bischoff's history was recounted in a manner that portrayed him as a just scientist, so that seems unlikely, but it would be an interesting turn of events. I really wanna know who that guy is!
    That would be pretty sweet.

green, green, green, red! dolemite's Avatar

yep i definately want some expanded storyline about that nazi guy

but i guess the fact that he died was the end of the story

this would fall under the Robert Bishop category i listed already though

1. What was the kid in Inner Child and does he have any connection to the Observers' species?
    2. Who is the guy from the Zeppelin destined to kill Olivia (Mr. X)?
    3. What was the true purpose of The Machine, who built the original one (not the copies Walter made)?
    4. Why IS coffee so rare in the Red Universe (and other historical questions)
    5. Will Gene ever find true love?
    Last edited by Ironheart; 03-02-2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: grammar errors corrected

On The Fringe..

1. Mr X? 2.I can't remember her name but there was a female agent who was investigating fringe division from season 2. 3.What is up with the observer like kid? 4.Why does September seem to want Peter to have a baby with blue Olivia but the other observers just want Peter erased? 5.Will we get a fifth and final season?

Chasing Electro Guy MassivelyDynamic's Avatar

1. What is the beacon?
    2. What is John Morseley's connection with the Observers?
    3. Why was Raymond Gordon trying to kill agents working for the Observers?
    4. Who is Mr. X?
    5. Who created the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart
    Why IS coffee so rare in the Red Universe?
    Because in the alt. universe the U.S. has an embargo with South America. Thus, their access to coffee is limited. That's the conclusion I came to at least.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie Whisky George's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MassivelyDynamic View Post
    1. What is the beacon?
    2. What is John Morseley's connection with the Observers?
    3. Why was Raymond Gordon trying to kill agents working for the Observers?
    4. Who is Mr. X?
    5. Who created the machine?
    1-From the looks of it, some sort of teleportation terminal.
    3-A paranoid lunatic - he was under the assumption that the Observers were alien spies, or something. That they were studying us to kill us.
    4- :<
    5-Walter.

Now onto my questions:

1-Who is John Mosley, and who is he working for?
    2-How did that creepy nazi who had a vendetta against the Bishops stop aging?
    3-Does Gene really work for Arvin Sloane?
    4-Is "the child" one of the Observers?
    5-Why was September carrying around a deus ex machina toxin while trying to save Peter?

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky George View Post

5-Why was September carrying around a deus ex machina toxin while trying to save Peter?
    The "Tears of Ra" toxin was the sole creation of Neil Chung, the guy who was doing the actual killing in the episode. He used the blue rod September apparently dropped at Reiden Lake in 1985 to see possible futures, and was able to combine a specific set of chemical compounds to create the toxin, whose successful creation could not possibly have been predicted had the resulting chemical reaction not been foreseen.

Basically, the toxin dispenser and the blue rod Neil had (which March retrieved at the end of the episode) are two separate objects, with the former belonging to Neil and not the Observers (who don't carry around toxins of any kind).

Hope this helps.

Chasing Electro Guy MassivelyDynamic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George
    2-How did that creepy nazi who had a vendetta against the Bishops stop aging?
    I think it wasn't that he wasn't aging, I'm convinced that it involves time travel in some way.

Then again, he did research regarding genes, perhaps he created a serum which is similar to the ones that target people's specific dna, only it has an opposite effect, which causes his body not to age.

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MassivelyDynamic View Post
    I think it wasn't that he wasn't aging, I'm convinced that it involves time travel in some way.

Then again, he did research regarding genes, perhaps he created a serum which is similar to the ones that target people's specific dna, only it has an opposite effect, which causes his body not to age.
    It actually was aging; analysis of Alfred Hoffman's DNA by Walter showed that Hoffman was biologically almost 100 years in age, which means he would have been born in the late 1900's/1910's (which makes sense, as he appears thirty/forty in the WWII-era pictures).

What is at work appears to be an anti-aging/youth preserving serum, and not time travel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast