Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Man X

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeresyProgram View Post
    Just out of curiosity I was looking up the actor who played the mystery man, Ulrich Thomsen. An entry under his filmography contains Fringe (2012). Have we gotten any news about this? Press release? Somehow I doubt anyone would miss that.
    On his IMDb page, he only has a credit for episode 3.19 (as Man in Zeppelin/Mr X), which aired in 2011. The Wikipedia page entry may be a fluke, then.

Although I'm now expecting Ulrich Thomsen to show up as a live action Mr. X if and when that character shows up.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie Whisky George's Avatar

Huh? Didn't he confirm it himself? I think it was on Rotten Tomatoes, but I recall them doing a cast interview for The Thing, and he said something like getting a call to return to Fringe. I can't be buggered to find it, but I'm pretty sure it's kosher. Besides, Josh Jackson also confirmed that Mr. X will be returning for the finale. Who else would play him?

Anyways, back on the theorizing! Looks like your theory about him being from the future didn't pan out Jay. :3 I told you he'd have nothing to do with that episode or scenario. No, he's definitely a menace from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky George View Post
    Huh? Didn't he confirm it himself? I think it was on Rotten Tomatoes, but I recall them doing a cast interview for The Thing, and he said something like getting a call to return to Fringe. I can't be buggered to find it, but I'm pretty sure it's kosher. Besides, Josh Jackson also confirmed that Mr. X will be returning for the finale. Who else would play him?

Anyways, back on the theorizing! Looks like your theory about him being from the future didn't pan out Jay. :3 I told you he'd have nothing to do with that episode or scenario. No, he's definitely a menace from the past.
    If you could link to this article/interview, it would be greatly appreciated. I had not hear of this until now.

And indeed, it appears I was off the mark. It would have been so elegant, too.

Unfortunately, I am now out of ideas for the possible origin of Mr. X. Unless you have some, I will retreat from the Mr. X theorizing front until something comes to mind.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie Whisky George's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient_Jay View Post
    If you could link to this article/interview, it would be greatly appreciated. I had not hear of this until now.

And indeed, it appears I was off the mark. It would have been so elegant, too.

Unfortunately, I am now out of ideas for the possible origin of Mr. X. Unless you have some, I will retreat from the Mr. X theorizing front until something comes to mind.
    I have no idea where that link is (I mean...I read it like a year ago dude), but when I can be arsed I'll look for it. XP I'm too busy with my Diablo 3 beta.

In the meantime, I'll stick with my blueprint theory, and my backup "external malevolent entity" theory too.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

It may have been mentioned already but I was watching the episode where peter goes into September's mind a few days ago and noticed that the title above his (Septembers) brainwaves on the screen was Mr X.

It occurs to me that just because we didn't physically see a Mr. X of any kind in 4.19, does not preclude the chance that we will see him sent from the future during the 4.21-4.22 ~2012 timeframe.

I'm going to re-standby the "Mr. X from the future" angle for the time being, as I have yet to find any other plausible origin theory.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie Twissell's Avatar

It occurs to me that just because we didn't physically see a Mr. X of any kind in 4.19, does not preclude the chance that we will see him sent from the future during the 4.21-4.22 ~2012 timeframe.

I'm going to re-standby the "Mr. X from the future" angle for the time being, as I have yet to find any other plausible origin theory.
    Does the red zeppelin still come into play in the future theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Twissell View Post
    Does the red zeppelin still come into play in the future theory?
    In an earlier post in this thread, I outline the possible significance of the Zeppelin, as well as other elements seen in the Mr. X/Bishop Boys encounter. Feel free to check it out.

Butterfly Attack!

It's Olivia's mind, though; Walter would have no control or influence on her mental landscape.

Any correlation that exists must then be Olivia's doing. I would imagine that if there is a connection to all this, then it must mean Olivia was experiencing subconscious clarivoyance, perceiving what might happen in the future. If there is a connection here, I posit it would be something as follows:
    If the Observers did properly course-correct, than what we see as the future, must have already been the future of a previous timeline that has been rewritten. That deep in Olivia's mind, do you think its possible that she was seeing "past" events from previous versions of the timeline?

If

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

Finally had time to write this up. Here is my explanation as to why, Olivia is the X man. Click

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast