Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaign to bring back Fringe

Head to head with Jones Residents Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient_Jay View Post
    Wasn't it revived 2-3 times? I don't really watch FG anymore, so I don't know if it's still as funny as it once was.

Futurama has also come back, though I don't know if that was due to fan campaigns.
    Family Guy was cancelled in 2000, then renewed. It was then cancelled again from 2001 to 2004.
    Futurama was cancelled in 2003, but returned in 2008 as a series of TV movies, then from 2010 as a full series.

Outside the US, Doctor Who stopped production in 1989*, came back as a US co-production in 1996, then returned
    for its current version in 2005.

But all these shows were more episodic than "Fringe", which is a serialised show telling an unfolding narrative. When the
    show ends in 2013, it will have told a complete story. So I don't see the need for a sixth season of "Fringe".

* The BBC never officially cancelled DW, it was just left in TV limbo for years.

¨The Fringe of NYC¨ ¨¨¨Fringe blew my mind¨¨¨

Quote Originally Posted by Residents Fan View Post
    But all these shows were more episodic than "Fringe", which is a serialised show telling an unfolding narrative. When the
    show ends in 2013, it will have told a complete story. So I don't see the need for a sixth season of "Fringe".
    THIS.

Although personally, I wish they had been given runway for a full length 5th season. The writing has been adjusted though. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

I think once Fringe ends, it'll be apparent to everyone that the story is over. Now, if by some chance Fringe undergoes a huge following in syndication, who knows... maybe the cast might get back together at some future point for a mini-series, undertaking something different. But I highly doubt it. More often than not, fans report being disappointed.

Remember Seinfeld? So many people didn't want it to end. But it did. It's over and won't be back, because all of the actors are onto new things and, well, the show's format has become very dated now with respect to shows being made today.

It will be such a feeling of loss and emptiness when the final credits roll. But like everything else, all good things must come to pass. Thank goodness for Blu-Ray !! It would be interesting to see future spin-offs, either movies or TV shows, we shall see what happens. I really hope that the cast members feature prominently in quality TV productions of the future, particularly John Noble who i think has been the most impressive character of the show. He has managed to make the character of Dr Walter Bishop such a warm, loving, brilliant, funny, eccentric, nutty, genius of a human being and he has this ability to, on the one hand, be seemingly vulnerable and dependent on those around him , as one version, to being dark and cold, as another version, extremely impressive. I just hope that, if they do keep it alive in the future, then the quality is maintained. A lot of shows that run too long seem to run out of steam. I think FRINGE could, and possibly, should have run a bit longer, but the round 100 of episodes is just about enough.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

I would like to see the character Etta to play a Peter-eque character where Olivia's death sort of makes him loose his mind atop Walter's disappearence. An agent needing Peter brings Etta back to Peter to release him. Or just a reboot ala V.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12