Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Killing Windmark

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

Default Killing Windmark

Was anyone else slightly disappointed about the scene?
    After absorbing ALL the electrical energy from the city... just *SMASH*?
    I find it unlikely that while observers could catch bullets with their hands, he didn't notice the car.
    I was expecting Windmark to get blasted by a powerful lightning strike that would have looked like it came from a very angry Zeus.

Watch it again. He was paying so much attention to Olivia because she did what Michael told her to do, keep "quiet" - he stood there waiting for her to do something.

On the FRINGEs of Hoosier Society in the Wabash Valley

He did notice the truck coming at him. Windmark was 'blinking out' at the moment he was struck. He just wasn't quite fast enough. I'm going with the idea that his newfound emotion, his hate and desire to cause mayhem and pain to the team and to Michael, upset that Baldy sense of Windmark's which would have helped him removing himself in time from the threat.

Oh, he did indeed try to teleport. But still, I think a lightning bolt would have been more appropriate (and cool to watch) especially since she drained all the electricity from the city.

It was still a satisfying death scene, just not what I expected.
    Last edited by cams; 01-19-2013 at 04:50 AM.

I was actually hoping for some kind of telekinetic neck-breaking move, Sylar style.

Too bad Peter couldn't finish his own job but I guess his humanity is more important than olivia using her powers to kill windmark. I mean it's insulting.

It also gives me the impression that Olivia just wanted windmark for herself instead of allowing Peter to finish what he had started.

Liaison Fringie

i think you guys need to go do a rewatch, because you clearly dont get it and missed something

you totally are misunderstanding whats happening and how

Loving Fringe-Forum! :) sweetfringe's Avatar

Agrees with Schmitty. Originally, I thought it was Michael who killed Windmark, not Olivia. Why? After Windmark was smashed and killed, Olivia looked directly at Michael as if she was surprised. Michael lifted up his finger to his mouth to do the "shhhhh" . I took it to mean that he performed the action,not her.

And anyway, didn't Walter say that the effects of the Cortexiphan would be temporary since she would use up the four doses of the drug during the four times she crossed over. Doesn't think it was Olivia at all. Would have been nice if it was though.

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla, scientist. Sig Design: SweetFringe

Leap of Faith TheLastManInSpace's Avatar

Drifting slowly between NGC 1976 & NGC 1982...

Haha yeah, I agree with this to a certain extent. As soon as the car alarms started going off and then you saw the power being sucked out of the distant skyscrapers I started thinking, "Ohhhh s***! Here we go!" and then she just kind of slid one car across the parking lot haha. Definitely a little underwhelming. Still great to see Windmark finally get his though.

How shall I put this gently? We're talking about nemesis numero uno, here. The biggest baddest baldie of them all. The super villain antagonist driving the plot. Captain Evil. And he, ah ... dies in a car crash!!???

That's the grand death scene for Windmark? It's like we've had this lit fuse going on for 13 episodes, it finally reaches the climax for the big kaboom and it's ... a dud. I'm not betraying my loyalty to Fringe here. I'm exhibiting it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast