Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JJ Abrams to direct new "Star Wars" film?

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

There actually has been rumours that John Noble might be cast as an antagonist in the new film.

Head to head with Jones Residents Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy93 View Post
    There actually has been rumours that John Noble might be cast as an antagonist in the new film.
    Outside "Fringe", Noble usually plays bad guys-"Transformers", "Home and Away", "Pirate Islands". I'd prefer to see him as a the heroes' mentor,
    though- he could be the new Obi-Wan!

Quote Originally Posted by ag86 View Post
    Interesting... As we see with Abrams' projects, he also has a hand in the final product. The only person who can screw it up now is the Disney Empire.
    Having worked there you're right on the money. The good news is that Arndt is writing it, who wrote Toy Story. Was at a recent seminar of Hollywood writers, producers and directors who unanimously agreed with me that Pixar should be involved with story. Their process for creating affecting stories is unique in that it is truly collaborative, ideas bandied about with little to no regard to ego, to fingerprints, and everything to do with what works best. The fact Pixar has previously focused on child fare does not detract, nor should affect Disney's awareness of Star Wars lore, mythos, style and understanding of the audience. I'm confident that Arndt will run it by his Pixar pals and the final result will be out of this galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Residents Fan View Post
    Joshua Jackson as Han Solo's son?
    Yes!! Jacen Solo!
    I have read the story about him on internet and this is my favourite part:

"Jacen Solo was the son of Leia and Han Solo. He trained in the Force under Luke Skywalker's guidance and became a very powerful Jedi. Later, influenced by Lumiya and determinated to save the galaxy, Jacen turned to the Dark Side becoming the powerful Sith Lord known as Darth Caedus."

When i read this i immediately thought about josh as jacen solo. Perfect!
    Josh already had the oportunity to play the dark side of Peter ("Darth Peter" in Reciprocity and "Observer Peter" in season 5) and he was great!
    He would be perfect in that role, especially the bad guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Powers View Post
    Having worked there you're right on the money. The good news is that Arndt is writing it, who wrote Toy Story. Was at a recent seminar of Hollywood writers, producers and directors who unanimously agreed with me that Pixar should be involved with story. Their process for creating affecting stories is unique in that it is truly collaborative, ideas bandied about with little to no regard to ego, to fingerprints, and everything to do with what works best. The fact Pixar has previously focused on child fare does not detract, nor should affect Disney's awareness of Star Wars lore, mythos, style and understanding of the audience. I'm confident that Arndt will run it by his Pixar pals and the final result will be out of this galaxy.
    Pixar is involved! That's great news! Their stories are beautiful and human. So there's hope for Star Wars! In fact, I think Pixar's trilogy will be even better than Lucas'!

The producers have put out a list of roles for the New SW films:

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.

Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.

A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.

Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.

A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.

Forty something male, fit, military type.

Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/today...-reveal,99230/

Seth Gabel could be the third type, John the fourth (assuming this role isn't retained for Harrison Ford), and Lance the "military type".

As for the "late-teen girls", how about Chloe Moretz and Saoirse Ronan?
    Last edited by Residents Fan; 06-20-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macbishop View Post
    It will probably open up Star Wars to a whole new audience, the way Clone Wars did. For me Star Wars is the 1st trilogy that came out. Phantom Menace / AOTC were poor, Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, but given they were out years after the originals they were quite poor. I wonder how many versions they will make ? The same way they have ruined the originals with all their digital meddling. I wish they had left well enoug alone. The Blu ray releases, with the editing, are atrocious. Great picture quality & sound but the "extras" are terrible. I love Star Wars but i will be in no hurry to see these, they will be a departure from the 6 as they tied the originals up, all be it rather shoddily
    I don't even know where to begin with all of this. For me personally, the Star Wars cinematic franchise was ruined with the prequel trilogy. Following that, I don't exactly have a tremendous amount of faith in J.J. to resurrect it any astoundingly meaningful way, if it's even worth resurrecting in the first place. I thought it telling that the Star Trek reboot basically drew directly from the Fringe blueprint of a tail of two parallel universes. He took a great idea he already had with another production and extended it to the film franchise, complete with Leonard Nimoy in a sage like guide from another universe type role. Star Trek was decent, and likely J.J. will make it work with Star Wars too, but as a fan I will always feel slighted that he abandoned Fringe for unoriginal reboots of old, overdone film franchises, both of which were past their primes in my opinion.

I just felt that Fringe was original and inspired enough to be worth seeing through to the very end, I might have forgiven him had he directed one last episode. . .

I mean really, knowing that all that time, the big baddie walking around in that dark cloak was emo Hayden Christensen. I for one will never be the same.
    Last edited by PB; 09-21-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jade86 View Post
    Yes!! Jacen Solo!
    I have read the story about him on internet and this is my favourite part:

"Jacen Solo was the son of Leia and Han Solo. He trained in the Force under Luke Skywalker's guidance and became a very powerful Jedi. Later, influenced by Lumiya and determinated to save the galaxy, Jacen turned to the Dark Side becoming the powerful Sith Lord known as Darth Caedus."

When i read this i immediately thought about josh as jacen solo. Perfect!
    Josh already had the oportunity to play the dark side of Peter ("Darth Peter" in Reciprocity and "Observer Peter" in season 5) and he was great!
    He would be perfect in that role, especially the bad guy!
    Reciprocity played to Josh's greatest strengths as an actor in my opinion, and was one of my favorite episodes from any season of Fringe. I was not impressed with his wooden performance as an Observer however. Michael Cerveris somehow managed to portray the emotionless and robotic September with a great deal of depth, Jackson didn't really pull it off, he just looked kind of silly the entire time. I was so glad when he finally pulled that stupid thing out of his neck.

Having said that, Joshua Jackson would make an excellent Sith Lord, if they cast him in that kind of role I would be all over these movies.
    Last edited by PB; 09-21-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Reciprocity played to Josh's greatest strengths as an actor in my opinion, and was one of my favorite episodes from any season of Fringe. I was not impressed with his wooden performance as an Observer however. Michael Cerveris somehow managed to portray the emotionless and robotic September with a great deal of depth, Jackson didn't really pull it off, he just looked kind of silly the entire time. I was so glad when he finally pulled that stupid thing out of his neck.

Having said that, Joshua Jackson would make an excellent Sith Lord, if they cast him in that kind of role I would be all over these movies.
    Josh can pull off the angry, ruthless type pretty well.

I thought his performance over 5.05-5.08 to have been adequate. It was indeed a bit stoic, but then again, it was doubtful from the start that he could go to Cerveris' level (who set the standard of Observerdom), or Kopsa's Windmark (who was good in his role as well).

Though I don't imagine this Darth Caedus to be anything like an Observer, so it would play to Josh's strengths in this regard. With the "rumours" that John Noble may be appearing in the new trilogy, it would be quite the laugh if we ended up with a bunch of Fringe alums scattered across these films.

Well, since everyone on the T'Internet is talking about it, here's the trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens":

Well, that looks very promising!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12