Thread: My thread didn't show up!

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie babiry's Avatar

Default My thread didn't show up!

Hi! I was trying to make a thread in the fanart section, but it didn't show up. Just wondering if I did something wrong. Thanks!

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

Perhaps you should try again. If it doesn't show up the second time, then chances are that it's a moderation issue (meaning you'd need mod/admin support or intervention).

You posted this here thread fine enough, though. Were there any peculiar error messages or whatnot that appeared when you tried to post your thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient_Jay View Post
    Perhaps you should try again. If it doesn't show up the second time, then chances are that it's a moderation issue (meaning you'd need mod/admin support or intervention).

You posted this here thread fine enough, though. Were there any peculiar error messages or whatnot that appeared when you tried to post your thread?
    I think you're right. I think I saw some message about moderator approval or something. I don't know, it's been a few days. I wouldn't be able to try again until the weekend anyway, so I guess I'll see what happens. Thanks!

Leap of Faith TheLastManInSpace's Avatar

Drifting slowly between NGC 1976 & NGC 1982...

For some reason, I think I remember having to have a certain amount of posts on here before being allowed to attach pictures in messages. I know other sites do that and I think it may be the same on here so seeing as you were posting in the Fan Art section I'm assuming you were trying to post a picture so that may be the problem.

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastManInSpace View Post
    For some reason, I think I remember having to have a certain amount of posts on here before being allowed to attach pictures in messages. I know other sites do that and I think it may be the same on here so seeing as you were posting in the Fan Art section I'm assuming you were trying to post a picture so that may be the problem.
    This is probably what's going on. I vaguely recall there being a 15+ post requirement for image posting; anyone who tries to do so with 1-14 posts will have to have their post/threads moderated before being approved for uploading.

OP, I would recommend contacting the mods/admins via the Visitor Message system, just to confirm this is the case (unless staff reading this thread want to chime in).

Oh, I see. Hmm, I don't remember seeing that requirement anywhere. Wouldn't have bothered wasting my time then. :/ Oh well, thanks anyway!