Thread: Is the new show Almost Human based in the Fringe world??

Default Is the new show Almost Human based in the Fringe world??

Eh just asking because I read that some of the actors from Fringe would also be on Almost Human, don't know if for a long time or for 1 episode or something. You know, both shows are made by the same production house, and Almost Human even has a Fringy future vibe to it. So when they say that some of the actors will be crossing over to AH, does that mean their old characters may be showing up on AH too?

I mean, it'd be kinda weird and even cheap if Anna Torv or Joshua Jackson showed up on another Abrams show so soon. Still hard to see them, or any of the other cast, as characters other than what we know them.

Enduring Memories Omniscient_Jay's Avatar

So far as I know, the universe of Almost Human has absolutely no relation to the universe(s) of Fringe. They are distinct continuities.

I agree that AH has tones of S5 of Fringe, what with the advanced technology and near-future setting. I'm sure there will be some Fringe easter eggs and parallels over time, and the appearance of former Fringe actors is welcome. However, we wouldn't get something like, say, an old Olivia Dunham showing up to lend a hand or something (IIRC, AH is set in the 2040s).

Perhaps the reason the shows have similarities (other than same creators/production houses/etc.) is due to a shared Philip K. (D)ick inspiration. Wyman has spoken about how Blade Runner is a definite influence on AH, and we know how Fringe liked to pay homage to (D)ick on several occasions.

Hope this all helps.

Yeah that's a good observation, Omniscient. AH is in 2040's. Unless...AH is another parallel world in the Fringe-verse. It's what happened to the original Blue-verse from season 3! Oh and - (okay, yes, stopping now!) Woulda been awesome though.

Almost Human seemed to be more based on Isaac Asimov's Robot series with Detective Elijah Bailey and partner R(obot) Daneel Olivaw.
    The books include The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun, and The Robots of Dawn.

Robot hater Detective Elijah Bailey lives on Earth in a world of clunky non-humanoid robots and partners with a humanoid robot to solve the murder of a Spacer, a man from the planet of Solaria. Lije becomes good friends with Daneel during the sleuthing to solve the mystery. Isaac Asimov formulated The Three Laws of Robotics.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching." -- Yogi Berra
    "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future. -- Yogi Berra