View Poll Results: How do you feel about "Heroes" returning?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm delighted! This is great news!

0 0%
  • I'm optimistic. If it can be as a good as S1...

0 0%
  • I don't care either way.

0 0%
  • I'm cynical. How desperate must NBC be to do this?

2 100.00%
  • I'm so angry! There are other better shows that deserve revivial!

0 0%

Thread: "Heroes" Return confirmed

Head to head with Jones Residents Fan's Avatar

Default "Heroes" Return confirmed

NBC have confirmed the show is returning:

On the heels of Fox reviving its iconic drama 24 as an event miniseries, NBC is doing the same with one of its most popular serialized dramas of the past decade, superhero series Heroes Creator Tim Kring is back shepherding the 13-episode new standalone arc entitled Heroes Reborn, which will air in 2015.....Heroes epitomizes the pitfalls of heavily serialized drama series. It launched in 2006 with a very strong first-season arc, becoming a critical darling as well as an instant pop culture phenomenon that coined the famous tagline “Save the Cheerleader Save the World.” But it then struggled to maintain the momentum and reinvent itself, ending its run after four seasons.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/nbc-...niseries-2015/

I dunno about this. If you were to ask people "Which ended US sci-fi show would you like back?" they'd say stuff like "Fringe", "Firefly", "Buffy",
    "Alphas"....I can't see "Heroes" being at the top of anyone's list. Plus it's still being produced by Tim Kring, who many reviewers blamed for
    the show's decline in quality after the first season.
    Last edited by Residents Fan; 04-14-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Residents Fan View Post
    NBC have confirmed the show is returning:

I can't see "Heroes" being at the top of anyone's list. Plus it's still being produced by Tim Kring, who many reviewers blamed for the show's decline in quality after the first season.
    And then again it's really happening. Wake up and smell the Heroes peeps!

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

I just happened to watch the "Heroes Reborn" episode, "June 13th Part One" which was screened close to midnight last night on one of my local channels (ps. it was shown after "the Player" which stars a "beat up" looking Phillip Winchester who played "Redverse Frank" in Fringe). Anyway, even though I didn't know anything about the original "Heroes" series, I kept watching "June 13th" to see if I could work out at least who were the Heroes and who weren't ... or why strange things were happening to the same Japanese guy in two subsequent scenes. Also, I recognised evil "Senator Bracken" from "Castle" who was playing one of the "Good Guys" (I think).

Now after reading up about the original "Heroes" series and how it tanked after Season 1, I've decided to watch Season 1 even though it's depressing to know that some of those early "Heroes" will become evil in later Seasons ... ps. for a while, I thought the "normal" characters in "Heroes Reborn" were calling the mutants "evils" but then I realised they were really saying "evos" (for "evolved" ?).