Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possibly a map of the alternate dimension ?

Default possibly a map of the alternate dimension ?

Okay, I was looking through the images of the computer virus video again from No-Brainer, and came across what appears to be a global shaped map of the earth, only not quite the earth. It appears in several frames in a backdrop of what appears to be a massive house/buildling of some kind. I singled out the best frame that seems to show the most detail of what I think is the supposed map (although the house/buildling is not in the screencap). I also included a reference globe so you can see the similiarties ----

I believe you can make out what appears to be North America and South America, only bits and pieces of it are not all there --- specifically coastal regions. I'm wondering ----- are we looking at a map of the alternate dimension here?

I would imagine the reason the coastal regions seem to be missing is because they are underwater (possibly from rising oceans/global warming/etc.). Is it possible this is the earth in the alternate dimension, experiencing a global climate catastrophe? Or perhaps it merely has a similiar geography, but "slightly different" from ours due to eons of "slightly different" butterfly-effects causing it's shape/form? If this is indeed what the alternate dimension might look like ------ and it is the result of catastrophic climate changes brought about by technology, etc. ----- what could we deduce the population of the various regions might look like (or in otherwords, how would they be effected)? Would it be fruitful to speculate on their overall global living conditions? Might they have less O-Zone, less need for hair? Would they be prone to more radiation effecting the earth's atmosphere? A hotter climate, etc? What they wouldn't give, I'm sure, to have a "Fresh Start" if they could .....

And if this is in fact a memory or "glimpse" into what the other dimensional earth might look like ------- how many of these images represent something from the other dimension?

Of course, I suppose it might not be a map at all. But there are definitely similiarities there I think I'm seeing. If the images (from the computer virus) are indeed memories from a person who has ONLY existed in our current dimension/time, then it could be the map of our own ancient earth, or the memory of someone who worked on global warming computer simulations ....

Anyway, I was rambling. Thoughts anyone (who cares)?

There's More Than One of Everything ...

Dabbling In Fringe Science

or maybe someone is a misfits fan...

Last edited by boof; 02-17-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Liaison

i see coastal zones dunno wat your talking about

Fringling, thanks for whatever diversion you can cook up (6 weeks and counting), but the map looks accurate to me. But Hey, keep up the theory work, I'm open to any pictures of the alternate universe, we know it's there.

I see what you are talking about, it looks like Florida, Maine, Texas other distinctive border-makers are missing. It's possible that it's a map of the other universe, but then again it could be our future after global warming

I'm not sure there's a connection there but I do like the train of thought..

..what would a map of a parallel universe look like?

Would they have oceans and glaciers..continents and mountains..?

Would Little Hill be in a relative position from where it is in 'our' world?

Have you read our Rules and Spoiler Rules?

Visit Seriable.com for all your Serialized TV needs

Do we have counterparts in this other universe? Or at least in the "Fringe" alternate universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy904 View Post
    Do we have counterparts in this other universe? Or at least in the "Fringe" alternate universe?
    Personally, I would say that they do - of course it might depend on 'which' universe in the multiverse we're talking about. Some universes will probably be barren, some might have died seconds after creation, others might be so close to our own that a visitor between the two wouldn't easily be able to tell the difference..unless s/he was really reall observant.

My view - in the context of this show at least - is that every possibility is possible (in terms of the iterations of 'other worlds'), so that there are universes with counterparts, each of them slightly different from the other..some of them majorly different from the other. I guess all of this would depend on the environmental/social/etc factors in each respective universe, and possibly on how much the neighboring universe impinge on each respective universe.

I think the ZFT manifesto said sometihng about the negative factors of "visitors" from these other worlds crossing over.

I'm also wondering what would happen if counterparts were to meet? Cazimir effect? What would happen if Walter met an alternate version of himself from another world..or has he done that already?

It's an interesting topic, imo, and it works well with Fringeling's speculation of what the planets of these other worlds look like..assuming they live on planets, and not, say, a stream of consciousness or something.

What are your thoughts - do you think that Fringe will delve into counterparts from these other worlds?

First of all, I do see what you're talking about. The coastal areas of what appear to be North and South America are missing. Also, about the theory about counterparts in the alternate universe, what if Walter is Peter's counterpart in the other dimension? It would explain why they're so similar, but Walter is older. If this alternate universe was in the future with more advanced global warming and technology and such.

Quote Originally Posted by krausinator View Post
    First of all, I do see what you're talking about. The coastal areas of what appear to be North and South America are missing.
    Interesting.

Just how closely does their world mirror ours?

They are more advanced than us, yet the Observer's attire suggests that their clothing relative to ours is not so 'modern'.

Perhaps their ice caps now cover many of the regions that are still above water in our world.

I sense that the relative differences between our world and theirs is a 'mish-mash' of advancement and tradition. Of course, they might not see it that way - the Observer's traditional clothing might be the latest range on Earth Reality 2.0

Also, about the theory about counterparts in the alternate universe, what if Walter is Peter's counterpart in the other dimension? It would explain why they're so similar, but Walter is older. If this alternate universe was in the future with more advanced global warming and technology and such.
    I can't rule it out, krausinator, as I myself have speculated that Walter may have brought a 'friend' back with him (aka Alter Walter), so perhaps Walter is Peter from another world (if that's what you're suggesting?). I don't think he is, but I can't rule it out.

I would also question why Walter doesn't actually know this..but then I remembered that his memory isn't what it once was..

This multiverse theme is really altering the way that we perceive space and time. Just when I thought Bad Robot had reached the threshold on new and exciting ways to portray such things.

I'm also wondering about our own (very limited) 'space' exploration. Currently it seems to be out of curiosity - a yearning to discover more about our world and the universe in which we live. Seemingly the "visitors" are not here out of curiosity, but necessity. At least, that seems to be the ZFT spin on things.

Then again..I wonder why it us we are so inclined to say "we" when speaking out the world portrayed in the show..and "they" when referring to the "visitors". Perhaps we are the Observers..

Btw, good thread Fringeling, it's an interesting line of thought that you've taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast