Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you like Fringe, then you'll love .....

Default If you like Fringe, then you'll love .....

For those who would post, I'm hungry hungry hungry for Fringe! This hiatus stinks! So what can we watch to get our Fringe fix that isn't Fringe, but it's like Fringe (either in theory or style, movie or TV, etc. etc.)?

X-Files is obviously the first thing that would come to most people's mind ---- but what else?

There's More Than One of Everything ...

I haven't checked out X Files since it scared the crap outta me when I was a kid. I did see both movies and enjoyed them, though, so I may give the series another look, considering how many comparisons Fringe got to it.

People who haven't might want to check out Lost, if they like the serialized aspect of Fringe- you have to start from the beginning with this one, though, there really aren't any stand alone episodes, all the episodes are chock full of mythology to pore over and theorize about. Plenty of easter eggs as well.

In terms of movies, people might want to check out 12 Monkeys and 28 Days Later. They both feature a dystopia and have sci-fi elements to them that Fringe fans may enjoy.
    they c me trolling

Definitely "Lost", trust me, if you love Fringe and you think you can handle an even more serialized show, like mucs said, then get your Lost fix on!

Since Fringe started I'm surprised at how many people haven't seen Lost - it's amazing to see how many fans Bad Robot have considering so many of the Fringe fan-base are not necessarily Lost or Alias fans.

But yeah, Lost is just..amazing. Five seasons in and it can still leave me open-jawed

Have you read our Rules and Spoiler Rules?

Visit Seriable.com for all your Serialized TV needs

Teleporting with Jones Fringie Citizen's Avatar

Yep, if you haven't watched Lost, that's definitely the first thing to turn to during this lengthy hiatus. I watched the pilot of X-files the other day. It didn't convince me, but I'm sure it's something I COULD watch if I officially started to watch it in a marathon. I've heard good things about it, and I'm sure we've all heard the same "Fringe is a X-files rip-off" BS.

So yeah, watch Lost if you want to watch something like Fringe.

Walter Bishop
    is
    ZEUS

Yeah people replied! *claps hands*

Yeah I should have mentioned Lost was another obvious choice (like X-Files) for Fringe-like-fixes ----- but i'm forcing myself to stay clear of Lost! If I start watching it, I'm afraid I'll never sleep or eat again!

And for those who have never watched X-Files, when watching it (esp from the beginning), it's important to remember it took a couple of seasons to really build itself and find it's ambiance and mystique. In the first episode, it will seem a little predictable because the characters haven't "matured" to what we know them as today (or at least, to their prime). Scully looks like she just stepped out of her senior prom, and Mulder doesn't have that confidence in himself yet that is somewhat the hallmark of his strange brilliance. I highly recommend watching the first several seasons before making up your mind. There are some truly epic episodes in there before the show pooped itself out (imo). But that's just me.

I thought of another show, which sadly never took off ------- but the mini-series pilot was awesome imo -----

------- The Lost Room on sci-fi channel. Now, if it's a rip-off of other JJ projects, I wouldn't know ------ so I watched it with "virgin" eyes if you will, and thought it rocked the block It's def. a puzzle that needs to be solved ----

There's More Than One of Everything ...

Ah see it's the opposite way round for me - I absolutely adored the X-Files for the first few seasons, they were so new and awesome, loved the first movie (not seen the new one yet but looking forward to it) but then it started getting a bit far fetched for me and I missed a couple of episodes and then I was totally out of the loop. I will go back and watch the last 5 series at some point as I hate not watching the end of show but totally loved and still love the first few.

The Lost Room was amazing - I can't believe there were only like 6 episodes. You guys should definitely check it out! Was that ever intended to be a long series though? It seemed pretty conclusive to me!

I am a Lost fan who lost her way I'm afraid - I think it was the third series which did it for me so I didn't bother with the fourth when it was on TV. However, I watched it in one go recently and quite enjoyed it so I think that's the way forward for me as far as Lost goes but I'm told this series is answering a lot of questions so I'm more excited about this one.

Dabbling In Fringe Science

If you like Fringe, then you'll love...
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

That is all.

All details can be found at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/

On The Fringe..

Well, I do know one show that is sort of like Fringe and probably no one remembers it. It was called Surface. It came on a few years ago, but it wasn't very popualar. I nearly freaked when I found the box set at Best Buy.

Dabbling In Fringe Science romaiel's Avatar

I'd have to agree with Fringeling's initial thought. The X-Files was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title thread. I watched the show for the whole run, including the movies as well. While the comparisons were one of the few reasons that drew me to Fringe, it got lost after the pilot which I think is a good thing. I love them both.

My other answer would be Alias, simply because of the J.J. Abrams connection.

Millennium. The all too brief TV series with Lance Henricksen, not the unrelated movie from 1989...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast