Thread: CW's The Flash

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

Default CW's The Flash

The Flash is an American television series developed by writer/producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, airing on The CW. It is based on the DC Comics character Barry Allen / Flash, a costumed superhero crime-fighter with the power to move at superhuman speeds. It is a spin-off from Arrow, existing in the same fictional universe. The series follows Allen, portrayed by Grant Gustin, a crime scene investigator who gains super-human speed, which he uses to fight criminals, including others who have also gained superhuman abilities.
    Is anybody here watching this?
    There's time travel, alternate timelines, conspiracies, etc. The writing is definitely not as good as Fringe's (and it's on The CW), but the characters are pretty likeable. The main storyline leaves room for fan theories, and the show's mythology keeps growing bigger and bigger. It's by far the best substitute for Fringe (which is my favorite TV series of all time).

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

Yes, it's one of my guilty pleasures along with "the 100" (which they really should retitle "the 40 or less" now that so many of the original 100 have been killed off) ... I started watching the Flash because it was on before some other program. Now I'm sucked in wanting to know more about the Reverse Flash ... I think he's more interesting than the GoodGuy Flash. It's also good that they've gotten away from the Flash just fighting other metahumans/mutants every week. It's a show I thought I wouldn't like at all since I have no interest in Arrow or the earlier Flash TV series (from the 1990s ? ps. I just found out that the actor who plays Barry Allen's father in the current series was the Flash in the 1990s Tv series. Small world. ).