Thread: Rewatch: Why Olivia was generally in the field?

Observing The Pattern Fringie

In Germany (The Germany from "Over There" of course!) =)

Question Rewatch: Why Olivia was generally in the field?

Hi Guys,

I rewatch this Episode. And I have some questions.

Why did Broyles sent Olivia to Iraq for Peters safety? I mean, she could only move her leg with this cane. I didnīt think than she could save him from some bad guys or anything else.

And why was Olivia in the station or generally in the field? She couldnīt fight with her can, or run or something else. If an Agent is in this condition it is nonsense to send him or her in the field, in my opinion. Hadnīt it made more sense, if Agent Jessup would have get this Tasks? And Olivia had got some paperwork?

What do you think about this?

That whole thing seems kinda weird to me.

Dabbling In Fringe Science Fringie

I guess the writers wanted Olivia and Peter to meet as early as possible since this was going to be one of the "selling points" of the series. Pilot episodes sometimes have "plotholes" or continuity gaffs that viewers aren't supposed to notice. I don't think Fox TV executives were too concerned about why poor Olivia shouldn't be in Iraq when she was so badly injured ... they just wanted to see if there was any onscreen chemistry between the actors playing Olivia and Peter (will they be the next "Mulder and Scully" ?)

"It has arrived!"

Question Rewatch: Why Olivia was generally in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by EuGENE View Post
    I guess the writers wanted Olivia and Peter to meet as early as possible since this was going to be one of the "selling points" of the series. Pilot episodes sometimes have "plotholes" or continuity gaffs that viewers aren't supposed to notice. I don't think Fox TV executives were too concerned about why poor Olivia shouldn't be in Iraq when she was so badly injured ... they just wanted to see if there was any onscreen chemistry between the actors playing Olivia and Peter (will they be the next "Mulder and Scully" ?)
    Since the original premise of "Fringe" was to be a newer version of "The X-Files", I would have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by EuGENE View Post
    I don't believe fallinlovewithfringe was talking about the pilot.

Yes, I think fallinlovewithfringe must be talking about the Season 2 episode "Fracture" where ex-soldiers become "living bombs". Agent Jessup appears in a couple of Season 2 episodes and then was never featured again. Sorry for the mix up.